Emerald City Theatre (located in Chicago) seeks a motivated individual to be responsible for the day to day operations including Financial Management, Human Resources, Information Technology, and Office Management. The company operates out of multiple venues including Broadway Playhouse, Athenaeum Theatre, and Victory Gardens Theater. The General Manager directly supervises the Business Manager and reports to the Executive Director.
· Proven track record in Operations Management of a mid-size or larger organization.
· Strong financial management skills and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
· Ability to establish and coordinate all aspects of the human resources function, including organizational development, training, compensation and benefits, safety, employee relations, payroll, HR policy design and administration, process improvement, employment, and labor laws, conflict management, team building, and compliance.
· Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
· Experience designing and building infrastructure and procedures to support a successful and growing organization.
· Proficiency in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and knowledge of fundraising database software (we use Salesforce/Patron Manager).
· Sense of personal and professional accountability.
· Demonstrated ability to think innovatively and strategically and to achieve results in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
· Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
· Schedule flexibility and ability to work occasional nights and weekends.
· Proven high degree of integrity, ethical decision-making, and sound business judgment.
· A passion for Emerald City Theatre’s mission to help Chicago’s children creatively face the world.
· 40+hours/week with some evenings and weekends.
· Salary range of $45,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience, generous time off package, and benefits.
· Collaborative, creative, and playful work environment.
· At Emerald City Theatre we celebrate and support differences in people as it benefits our employees, artists, families, and community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Recently named Chicago’s Best Children’s Theater by Make It Better magazine, Emerald City Theatre (ECT) celebrates all of Chicago’s children through playful, professional, and culturally relevant artistic programs that motivate young people to creatively face the world. ECT is Chicago’s largest theater for young audiences with an annual operating budget of $2.2 million. Performance venues include Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place, Victory Gardens Theatre and Athenaeum Theatre. ECT’s programming reaches an average of 60,000 children ages 0 – 15, parents, and educators each season through its three pillars of work: artistic productions, educational programming, and community engagement initiatives.
Send cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject header “General Manager”. No phone calls, please.