The Grant Park Music Festival (the Festival) in Chicago, Illinois seeks a full-time Education and Community Engagement Assistant for the 2018 summer season. The 2018 Festival season runs June 13 - August 18.
The Community Engagement Assistant will report to the Community Engagement Manager and provide key support for the Festival's education and community engagement initiatives - Festival Connect - including the Night Out in the Parks program, Classical Campers, Project Inclusion fellowship, Young Artist Showcase performances, and pre-concert lecture series.
- Assist with logistics and operational needs for Festival Connect programs, including: Night Out in the Parks, the Festival's neighborhood performances; Classical Campers music immersion program; the Project Inclusion fellowship program for pre-professional minority musicians; Young Artist Showcase performances; and the Festival's pre-concert lecture series.
- Assist with efforts to maximize awareness of Festival Connect activities.
- Assist with evaluation and analysis of education and community engagement activities.
- $12.00/hour; up to 40 hours per week. This position is non-exempt. Some nights and weekends will be required.
- Position Start Date: May/June 2018 (specific start date TBD by mutual agreement)
ABOUT THE FESTIVAL
For more than 80 years, the Grant Park Music Festival has been Chicago's summer musical sensation, demonstrating that classical music performed by a world-class orchestra and chorus can have a transformative impact on the city. Showcased in the city's most spectacular setting, the Festival continues to be the summer gathering place for all of Chicago. The Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park is the official home of the Grant Park Music Festival, with free seats available for every concert.
The Festival is led by Artistic Director and Principal Conductor Carlos Kalmar, along with Grant Park Chorus Director Christopher Bell, Grant Park Orchestral Association President and CEO Paul Winberg, and Board Chair Stephen Smith.
For more information on the Grant Park Music Festival, please visit our website: gpmf.org.