Frida Kahlo Community Organizations is looking to add a new member to the visual arts and break dance teaching team in Chicago IL. Teaching artists work with students enrolled in the Resources Invested in School Enrichment (RISE) program. Classes are held during after school hours 4 times a week from 2:30pm to 4:30pm. Occasional projects and meetings may take place during regular office hours. Position includes paid planning time. Starting pay @$30/HR.
Role and Responsibilities
● Encourage participants to explore different techniques and ideas related to the visual arts and break dance.
● Encourage creativity and self-expression among participants
● Create and implement exciting projects
● Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly teaching space
● Must be able to demonstrate and teach various visual arts and craft forms
● Must have previous classroom experience in grades 2nd-8th
● Must clear a fingerprint and background check if hired
All resumes should be submitted for consideration via email to email@example.com