Prop Theater is seeking artists to display work in our gallery for the art show part of our annual event Catzilla 6 -- A Cat Fest. This event is a benefit for Prop Theater, Harmony House for Cats and Catcade.
Artwork must be cat-themed. There is NO fee or any cost to you to submit work or to display it in our venue if you are in the art show. We do ask, but do not require, one art piece to donate to auction for this event. Prop Theater and Harmony House are a 501 c 3 not for profit organization.
Either we or you can come to the venue to hang your work once you are assigned a designated spot on the wall. Work will be hung the week of Aug 19th.
There are two components to this event 1) an ART SHOW and 2) a stage show. The event runs on Aug 24th and 25th, however, the art is up for a couple weeks after that-- mid September, There is a lot of public that comes to see the Catzilla cabaret as well as other theater shows that run in our spaces. to submit: email Diane at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
1) photos/ samples of your work
2) how many pieces you would like to show and what size they are
3) media (pencil, oil, etc)
4) your/artist name
5) title of each piece
6) price of each piece if you would like to sell it
7) if you choose—identify one piece you are willing to donate to our silent auction-- proceeds benefit Harmony House (shelter for cats)
You are free to sell your work-- to do so you would need to have a way for the buyer to contact you and a way to take payment. Most sales happen the 2 days of the Cat show -- being there is the best way to sell work. Otherwise, you need to arrange with the buyer pickup of the work and proof to us (email or a text from you) confirming the purchaser. If you are a crafter/ sculptor, we do have very limited table space.
How to get work to us:
1) arrange a time with me to drop it off in person—Most days after 3pm or evenings OR 2) mail it to: Prop Theater, 3502 N Elston Chicago IL 60610 After the show you would also need to arrange to pick up work from the theater-- if being mailed from afar, to have us mail it back.
Loss/Damage-- Please be aware that we are not responsible for lost or damaged work, and you are assuming the risks involved in the showing if you participate.